The number of ineffective websites is steadily growing making the investments in an online marketing highly unprofitable. This phenomenon came as a result of using a very little or even non marketing knowledge in web design process that became based on graphics and programming only. Although, graphics design, as well as functionality of our future website is important, we cannot forget about its advertising and commercial effectiveness, since the more effective the website is the more clients we have.
Website effectiveness is more and more frequently measured by a website effectiveness analysis that shows which parts of the examined website are Ok. and which still need some improvements. Such analysis is usually undertaken in reference to already existing websites, but it can also be used to verify the project of a website which is to be designed.
The analysis takes into careful consideration at least 8 main aspects:
1) presence of analytics tools, such as: google analytics tracking code,
2) graphics design (attractiveness, clarity, adequacy to the product/service),
3) content (articles, images, adverts),
4) usefulness (navigation, links, way of displaying in various Internet browsers),
5) contact information,
6) contact form,
7) activators (various tools that encourage visitors to take certain actions),
8) visibility in Google
Equipped with the results of such a detailed analysis website owner knows what to do to improve his/her web effectiveness.